1. Avoid Nylon-fabric holsters like the plague.
2. Some molded- and cast-plastic holsters are good, but not the Fobus. The Blackhawk SERPA is also suspect.
3. The best readymade leather holsters, belts, and ammunition carriers come from Galco, but you'll pay a fair price for the high quality. Others are good, too.
4. For carry-appropriate quality, expect to pay $200.00 to $300.00 for a complete rig: Holster, belt, and reload carrier.
5. The most important component, many people believe, is the belt. If it is not stiff enough, you will experience pain and your weapon will droop.