Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Rabbit_Racer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    CCW for person arrested for domestic violence but charges dropped

    A couple of years back both me and my wife were arrested for domestic violence but the charges were dropped when they realized they had arrested the wrong couple and it never went to trial. But the arrest record was not expunged or sealed. Would this affect my ability to get a CCW in the state of florida?

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,496
    Welcome to the forum.

    Let me be the first to say, talk to a lawyer. Get the record expunged and then you don't have to ever worry about it again.

    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/content/...unge-Home.aspx
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  4. #3
    Rabbit_Racer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce333 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    Let me be the first to say, talk to a lawyer. Get the record expunged and then you don't have to ever worry about it again.

    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/content/...unge-Home.aspx
    I was told that getting something expunged means regular people and businesses wouldnt be able to see it but the government still can.

  5. #4
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,496
    Expunged means completely removed from view, no access to the record itself without a court order. Sealed means Gov agencies can still see it. Check the FAQ section at the link I posted.

    and this is the reason I said talk to a lawyer. They will know exactly what can be done and have accurate information on what it all means.
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  6. #5
    Rabbit_Racer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce333 View Post
    Expunged means completely removed from view, no access to the record itself without a court order. Sealed means Gov agencies can still see it. Check the FAQ section at the link I posted.

    and this is the reason I said talk to a lawyer. They will know exactly what can be done and have accurate information on what it all means.
    Thanks i appreciate that.

  7. #6
    austin88's Avatar
    austin88 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    149
    wow thats terrible they arrest the wrong couple and now its on your records. thats a bunch of bull if you ask me. if they find out they got the wrong people they need to take everything including the arrest off the record. but like bruce said talk to a lawyer and im sure it won't affect you to much since they picked up the wrong people

  8. #7
    Redwolf's Avatar
    Redwolf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    325
    I was arrested for domestic violence years ago but it never went to court. its only messed with me one time and that was with a shieff in a may issue state (AL), I've never had an issue buying weapons or getting a CCW in a shall issue state.

  9. #8
    Rabbit_Racer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I was arrested for domestic violence years ago but it never went to court. its only messed with me one time and that was with a shieff in a may issue state (AL), I've never had an issue buying weapons or getting a CCW in a shall issue state.
    Is florida may or shall issue?

  10. #9
    Redwolf's Avatar
    Redwolf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    325
    its a shall issue, AL is still a may issue. but I still have one. had to get my shieff to sign for me.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

arrested for dv but dropped fire arms licence application
,
can i get a ccw if i had a assault 4 dismissed in ky
,
can i get my ccw permit in ohio if i have dissmissed domestic violence charge
,
can you by a gun if you have been convicted of domestic violence in ohio
,
can you get a gun permit with a domestic violence charge but never convicted
,
domestic charge dropped can i still get my gun permit
,
domestic violence charges were dismissed will i get my gins back?
,
domestice violence and ccw florida
,
gun ownership and domestic violence and charges dropped
,
if i was arrested for domestic battery but was dismissed can i still join the military
,
never arrested but charged
,

ohio ccw dismissed domestic violence

Click on a term to search for related topics.