View Poll Results: What make is your carry handgun?

Voters
762. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1911 variant - any manufacture

    85 11.15%
  • Beretta

    46 6.04%
  • Colt

    27 3.54%
  • Glock

    134 17.59%
  • Kahr

    61 8.01%
  • Keltec

    50 6.56%
  • Ruger

    78 10.24%
  • Sig Sauer

    91 11.94%
  • Springfield XD

    68 8.92%
  • Smith & Wesson

    108 14.17%
  • Taurus

    50 6.56%
  • Walther

    29 3.81%
  • Other

    84 11.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 231
  1. #176
    Steve M1911A1's Avatar
    Steve M1911A1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northwest Washington State
    Posts
    4,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppy View Post
    My everyday carry weapon is made by Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson.
    That old, is it?
    And is it .22 rimfire, or .32?

  2. Ads
  3. #177
    had3nuf's Avatar
    had3nuf is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cocoa, FL.
    Posts
    25
    Due to the weather in this part of the country, my gun of choice is a S&W model 36 1 7/8" barrel, now if you come thru my door you'll meet my 44.

  4. #178
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Colt .45 Defender or S&W 640 in .357 mag.

  5. #179
    MikeyIdaho is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: What make of gun do you carry most?

    Just got my CC permit and carry a Beretta Nano, might get something smaller next summer for easier pocket carry.

  6. #180
    mustang652's Avatar
    mustang652 is offline Junior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Heart's n' Texas, body's n' Las Vegas
    Posts
    22
    I alternate guns depending on circumstances and clothing between a Bersa Thunder 380 and a Thunder 9UC Pro. I'll lean more to the 9UC as soon as I get my new UBG Phaetos OWB holster.
    USAF, Retired- Let's limit all US politicians to two terms, One in office - One in prison.

  7. #181
    Ricky59's Avatar
    Ricky59 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    81
    I am a two Kahr carry..
    The PM9 in a crossbreed IWB holster ..
    And the P380 in a pocket ..

  8. #182
    sjcea's Avatar
    sjcea is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Re: What make of gun do you carry most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky59 View Post
    I am a two Kahr carry..
    The PM9 in a crossbreed IWB holster ..
    And the P380 in a pocket ..
    I carry the M&P Shield 9mm with the Ruger LCP 380 as backup when inclined to do so

  9. #183
    chessail77's Avatar
    chessail77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    White Mtns. in AZ
    Posts
    1,349
    Sig P239 .40 S&W

  10. #184
    AntzMa's Avatar
    AntzMa is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    54
    Ruger sr9c

    I just want to move to Alaska period.

  11. #185
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    XD9SC is my main CCW gun. I will carry the Kel Tec P3AT when my clothing does not allow the "big" gun.
    Well, my carry gun has changed since I first replied to this thread almost four years ago! Current carry gun is a 9mm Sig P229 SAS Gen 2. I will in the near future be switching to a Smith 1911 Pro Subcompact.

  12. #186
    hurld is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: What make of gun do you carry most?

    Beretta nano

  13. #187
    sjcea's Avatar
    sjcea is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Re: What make of gun do you carry most?

    M&P Shield. 9mm

  14. #188
    Easy_CZ's Avatar
    Easy_CZ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    222

    What make of gun do you carry most?

    I recently added a CZ 75 Compact to my CC rotation. Sweet pistola.


  15. #189
    cts4223 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Sig Sauer P226

  16. #190
    sgtwalker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisley View Post
    I was also looking at Glocks before I bought my XD45 Service. At the time, the Glock didn't feel right to me. But I shot a Glock 34 last week, and it was great, so I guess the grip angle thing was not as big a factor as I thought.

    My XD 45 is big and blocky compared to most of the other guns I like, but after a couple thousand rounds, it has a great trigger, and has accuracy capabilities beyond my ability. It is still the gun I want to have with me if I ever get into the kind of trouble that requires a gun to get out of.
    When out in he boonies and don't want to lug a rifle I carry a Ruger 44 magnum, 240 grain bullet load my own 10 grains of Unique, in town I carry a Taurus PT22 or a Beretta 25 cal 50 grain bullet. All will get the job done. My son who lives out of town said he was worried about me in a small town that had some crack heads near here. I told him I had 30 years military training almost every year I fired expert with rifle and pistol. I told him to pity the poor SOB's tha made the fatal error of attacking me.

  17. #191
    sgtwalker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Hey I agree 100%. 30 years U.S.army mostly overseas. If we ever allow these slugs to take away our guns then we deserve what follows,i.e. Hitler and Stalin. They murdered millions of "Unarmed" citiizens. "0" fully armed citizens. They know they cannot take the US citizens fully armed so they are taking away our guns a little at a time. I can still buy guns legally and as a retired Army Master Sergeant with a Secret clearance for over 20 years I hope that never changes. May have met you at Tachikawa in Tokyo. Or Naha, Okinawa. Or Korat. hey who knows.

  18. #192
    brokenback is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10
    I have to wear a heavy back brace that limits me on my carrying abilities. I usually carry a Sig Sauer 1911 C3 45ACP with a 4.2 inch barrel on a custom made Alessi shoulder holster and has officer grips for a low profile under a safari shirt or a Colt Mustang 380 in a pocket holster.

  19. #193
    brokenback is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10
    It used to be a Sig C3 45ACP 1911 but recently it has been my new pony 380

  20. #194
    rjldds is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    I recently got my Texas CHL and was looking for something in .380 or 9mm. My wife junked her S&W Sigma .380 for a Ruger LCP .380 because of the funky mag release, DAO, and size. I inherited it, but it just did fit what I was looking for. I have a full sized Ruger 9mm, Beretta .40 cal, and a Jennings .380 tackle box pistol for my boat that I would never use for CC for obvious reasons.

    I checked around the gun shows and found the Bersa Thunder .380. It is a PPK work and look alike 7+1. It had everything I was looking for in CC. It has a steel slide, not the Zamak (pot metal) alloy crap on so many of the "new" polymer handguns now have (see Walther,) a soft plastic grip with pinky support on the mags, and it is SA/DA. I bought some extra mags and clip-on dual mag pouch. I looked at the compact 9mms but they were about twice the price and recoil. If you cannot hit your target due to sight acquisition problems from recoil, caliber is irrelivant. So, I went with the Thunder and could not be happier.

    I bought a regular clip-on holster, an in the pants holster, and shoulder holster without the intergral mag pouches since I already had the clip-on duals. Each holster has its place- the shoulder for coat and/or tie, the in the pants for everyday wear, and out of the pants for environments where deep concealment is not a big issue, since that is most comfortable. However, all can be worn 12 hours or more a day without any major discomfort or accessabity.

    I would highly recommend the Thunder as a reliable, accurate, and reasonably priced at $311 with tax. I got extra Promags for $22 each and found them surprisingly well constructed for an aftermarket mag. So far, I have run about 300 rounds through it with 3 different brands. Just a few FTF problems with Silver Bear JHPs. No problems with round nosed anything or Remington JHPs.

  21. #195
    rjldds is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtwalker View Post
    Hey I agree 100%. 30 years U.S.army mostly overseas. If we ever allow these slugs to take away our guns then we deserve what follows,i.e. Hitler and Stalin. They murdered millions of "Unarmed" citiizens. "0" fully armed citizens. They know they cannot take the US citizens fully armed so they are taking away our guns a little at a time. I can still buy guns legally and as a retired Army Master Sergeant with a Secret clearance for over 20 years I hope that never changes. May have met you at Tachikawa in Tokyo. Or Naha, Okinawa. Or Korat. hey who knows.

    I was also stationed at Tachikawa and Johnson AFB near Yokohoma. I was a medic on a radar site in the mountains (Kastroyama.) Also spent time at Da Nang AFB, Saigon and Pleiku AFB in the ARRS, Pleiku, Republic of South Vietnam, Sampson AFB, Geneva NY, Ramstein AFB, Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany, South Ruislip Hospital, London, England, Wilford Hall Hospital, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas, the School of Aerospace Medicine at Brooks AFB in San Antonio, Texas, and Ali-Al Salem AFB, Kuwait (37 Kilometers from the Iraqi border.) That does not include all my TDY which is too numerous to mention.

    RJ Lewis, DDS, MA
    Lt. Col (ret) USAF 1969-2008.

  22. #196
    rjldds is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    I forgot to mention, one of the major reasons (besides the ARVN) we failed in Vietnam was do to the choice of a battle rifle. The first M-16s made by Colt probably killed more of our men than the enemy. The JCS could not have picked a more ill suited firearm for that environment than that Colt POS.

    Some military historians say it had a 50% failure rate. They should have stuck with the M-14 but many of the politicos thought it was "overpowered." To me a battle rifle can never be overpowered. At least they stuck with the .45 ACP as the issued side arm.

    They screwed that up by going to the M-9. Many SOGs have gone back to the .45 in Afghanistan...go figure.

    Lewis

  23. #197
    FloridaGuy's Avatar
    FloridaGuy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tampa,Florida
    Posts
    127
    Ruger SP101 .357 3" barrel

  24. #198
    tacman605's Avatar
    tacman605 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Arkansas/Afghanistan
    Posts
    90
    I am fortunate in that I do have a large selection of firearms to choose from while home depending on the mission at hand so to speak.

    My mainstay's are my Glock 19, Para Carry 9, J frame, several different M&P 9mm and different 1911 style pistols. My preferred method of carry for the smaller guns is AIWB which is most comfortable to me when riding. When carrying a full size gun I use Raven Concealment holsters and mag pouches.

    The M-16 when it first came out had many issues that were corrected over time with many of these issues related to the type of powder used in the 5.56 round and the initial training that the weapons were self cleaning and needed little of no maintenance. In the beginning they were not even issued cleaning kits with the rifles. There is not and never will be one gun that covers all the bases in every situation but the M4/M16 series comes pretty close. In SE Asia, once the problems were corrected, the M16 filled the bill quite nicely especially in regards to lighter weight and ammo capacity. The distances that the enemy was encountered did not lend itself to a full size battle rifle although they were kept around for longer engagements and in a sniper type role.

    The switch to the M9 was based on a NATO agreement that if we made the 9mm our standard pistol cartridge that other countries would adopt the 5.56 over their 7.62 battle rifles which they did. The use of a handgun for the military is that of a support weapon and in a few cases a primary depending on the MOS of the individual.
    I am currently stationed and work with SF teams in Afghanistan. While the 1911 style guns are here they are not carried due to their limited ammo capacity, issues with reliability and it is a pain to get .45 ammunition.
    The majority of team members carry Glock 19's and Beretta's while the local NSW team carries SIG 228's or 226's. The reliability, high round count and ease of maintenance are the main reasons.

  25. #199
    rjldds is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9

    Caliber Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I am fortunate in that I do have a large selection of firearms to choose from while home depending on the mission at hand so to speak.

    My mainstay's are my Glock 19, Para Carry 9, J frame, several different M&P 9mm and different 1911 style pistols. My preferred method of carry for the smaller guns is AIWB which is most comfortable to me when riding. When carrying a full size gun I use Raven Concealment holsters and mag pouches.

    The M-16 when it first came out had many issues that were corrected over time with many of these issues related to the type of powder used in the 5.56 round and the initial training that the weapons were self cleaning and needed little of no maintenance. In the beginning they were not even issued cleaning kits with the rifles. There is not and never will be one gun that covers all the bases in every situation but the M4/M16 series comes pretty close. In SE Asia, once the problems were corrected, the M16 filled the bill quite nicely especially in regards to lighter weight and ammo capacity. The distances that the enemy was encountered did not lend itself to a full size battle rifle although they were kept around for longer engagements and in a sniper type role.

    The switch to the M9 was based on a NATO agreement that if we made the 9mm our standard pistol cartridge that other countries would adopt the 5.56 over their 7.62 battle rifles which they did. The use of a handgun for the military is that of a support weapon and in a few cases a primary depending on the MOS of the individual.
    I am currently stationed and work with SF teams in Afghanistan. While the 1911 style guns are here they are not carried due to their limited ammo capacity, issues with reliability and it is a pain to get .45 ammunition.
    The majority of team members carry Glock 19's and Beretta's while the local NSW team carries SIG 228's or 226's. The reliability, high round count and ease of maintenance are the main reasons.
    Very good observation. I remember that when they were testing the M-16 they used lab grade everything, then they went to ball ammo which caused a tremendous amount of fouling. Many of the SOGs are now using the M-16 in 6.8 SPC. The other issue is that the first M-16s had full auto. They changed that to a 3 round burst which prevented the infantryman from spray and pray.

    I am like you, there is no one univeral firearm. They are tools and mission specific. For example, for home defense, I have a 12G Mossberg 500 with low recoil 00 buck. I have bolt action .22s for shooting hot loads like Velocitors. I have an AK-47 with a 10 round mag I use in the East Texas Forest. My AR's and Mini-14s are primarily range rifles.

    My CC is a Bersa Thunder .380 which is perfect for me and I do not want to argue about caliber because in the end, it is pretty meaningless unless you are a LEO which use .40 cal per SAAMI and the Military 9mm per NATO standards.

    Regards,

    Lewis

  26. #200
    Florida's Avatar
    Florida is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    6
    colt 1911 officer in .45 I live in florida too but have no problem just dont wear shorts

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

beretta 84 concealed carry
,

beretta 84bb review

,
custom m&p shield
,
m&p shield holster crossbreed
,
m&p shield iwb holster
,
m&p shield vs sr9c
,
ruger lcp iwb holster
,
shield 9mm
,

sig sauer 1911 carry scorpion review

,
sig sauer 1911 scorpion carry tb
,
sig sauer scorpion carry 1911 alloy
,

sig sauer scorpion carry review

Click on a term to search for related topics.