Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Bersa vs Keltec

  1. #26
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk74 View Post
    Has this indeed been the case for lots of KT gun owners out there? In this forum and in others, I've taken this to be the case.
    My P3AT has run fine from day one. It has shown that it occasionally does not like to eat cheapo WWB at the range (has the occasional jam), but it's always run flawlessly with the premium stuff; which is what it's loaded with when I carry it.

  2. Ads
  3. #27
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk74 View Post
    Hmm...

    From much of the postings, it seems like, out of the box, one can expect that you might have to send in your new Kel-Tec gun back to the manufacturer........with the end result of getting a better gun because someone had to fix it. Has this indeed been the case for lots of KT gun owners out there? In this forum and in others, I've taken this to be the case. I haven't seen as many people saying the same thing about their Bersas, though.

    I don't know. It's nice that Kel Tec will take care of your gun after sending it in but isn't it better to have a gun that is ready to go in your pocket holster for your personal defence? I would rather buy a gun that is quality and user-ready. Like Ruger, Kel Tec sounds kind of hit-and-miss to me. I guess I'll stick to the Glock and Sig for my piece of mind.......and MAYbe, just maybe, a Bersa 380 for the price.
    3 keltecs. 1 FTE with a non shooter. over 800 rounds.

    My LGS won't sell a Bersa. Why? Because if they have problems she has been unable to get good support. She does with the Kel-tecs.
    Doesn't mean all Bersas are bad. Just her experience.

  4. #28
    Keef.44's Avatar
    Keef.44 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30
    Sent my P11 to Kel-Tec today after receiving a response with a simple note and directions.
    We'll see how long it takes for repairs and what was done.

  5. #29
    Keef.44's Avatar
    Keef.44 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef.44 View Post
    Sent my P11 to Kel-Tec today after receiving a response with a simple note and directions.
    We'll see how long it takes for repairs and what was done.
    Came back today, pretty quick turnaround IMO.
    They polished the slide and test fired. Takedown pin looks new too but no elaboration of what was done.
    It will be on its way to the range soon. No charge, just my cost of shipping.

  6. #30
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,177
    Yep. That sounds right for service. Let us know how it works.

  7. #31
    woodsman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    I have a P-3AT that was one of the "problem" guns made with faulty slides. The recoil rod hole was over bored, causing the slide to peen.

    One day at the range after months of carrying, when I fired it the recoil spring went through the front of the slide and went flying down range.

    As I live in FL, I took the gun to Kel-Tec and they basically swapped the serial number onto a new gun. That is it came back out with New Grip, New Barrel, New Slide, and New Trigger Assembly.

    Went to the range and the thing was a Jam-O-Matic. After I took it home and did the Kel-Tec "Fluff & Buff", it ran fine (so far).

    My problem with Kel-Tec is although their followers bash Ruger for their re-call on the LCP, Kel-Tec KNEW their slides were faulty and choose to just wait until the customer either brought it back or sent it it. I know they knew, because thats what the tech that worked on mine told me.

    This is why I am here looking into the Bersa. I am considering selling my P-3at and my Hi-Point C-9 and getting a Bersa. I am looking at the 9-UC.

    I have a Glock -23 and it has always perfromed pefectly right out of the box. I hear that the Bersa does the same.

  8. #32
    StngStr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9
    If i were to choose between the two, it would be the keltec hands down.

  9. #33
    woodsman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by StngStr View Post
    If i were to choose between the two, it would be the keltec hands down.
    Why? What are the determining factors that makes the decision for you?

  10. #34
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I have a P-3AT that was one of the "problem" guns made with faulty slides. The recoil rod hole was over bored, causing the slide to peen.

    One day at the range after months of carrying, when I fired it the recoil spring went through the front of the slide and went flying down range.

    As I live in FL, I took the gun to Kel-Tec and they basically swapped the serial number onto a new gun. That is it came back out with New Grip, New Barrel, New Slide, and New Trigger Assembly.

    Went to the range and the thing was a Jam-O-Matic. After I took it home and did the Kel-Tec "Fluff & Buff", it ran fine (so far).

    My problem with Kel-Tec is although their followers bash Ruger for their re-call on the LCP, Kel-Tec KNEW their slides were faulty and choose to just wait until the customer either brought it back or sent it it. I know they knew, because thats what the tech that worked on mine told me.

    This is why I am here looking into the Bersa. I am considering selling my P-3at and my Hi-Point C-9 and getting a Bersa. I am looking at the 9-UC.

    I have a Glock -23 and it has always perfromed pefectly right out of the box. I hear that the Bersa does the same.
    I think you should send that problem child of a Kel-Tec to me. Then, you'll never have to worry about it again.

  11. #35
    tekhead1219's Avatar
    tekhead1219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    I think you should send that problem child of a Kel-Tec to me. Then, you'll never have to worry about it again.
    If the shipping costs are to high to send to Colorado, ship it to me in southeast Texas. I'll fix it up for you and after several years of testing to be sure it's correct, I'll send it back to you.

  12. #36
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    I think you should send that problem child of a Kel-Tec to me. Then, you'll never have to worry about it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhead1219 View Post
    If the shipping costs are to high to send to Colorado, ship it to me in southeast Texas. I'll fix it up for you and after several years of testing to be sure it's correct, I'll send it back to you.
    Guys, don't you know how it works? All problem and unwanted guns are to be sent to js first. He then sends them to the mods if he doesn't want them or have the time to work on the gun.

    Come to think of it though, I still haven't gotten a gun out of this "program".

  13. #37
    woodsman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    All of the above comments are typical of a Kel-Tecie.

    I asked the first poster why would he choose the Kel-Tec over the Bersa and what was the determining factors. I have as of yet seen none given. Its the same old "if you don't want it send it to me" Yada, Yada, Yada.

    If that's the best you've got why even bother to post a reply.

  14. #38
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I asked the first poster why would he choose the Kel-Tec over the Bersa and what was the determining factors. I have as of yet seen none given. Its the same old "if you don't want it send it to me" Yada, Yada, Yada.
    So because the OP failed to respond to your question, you're bashing all the other responses? With the attitude you're displaying, I'd be surprised if he ever does respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    If that's the best you've got why even bother to post a reply.
    And if this, critiquing and insulting the content other people's posts, is the best you've got, my advice is it is you who should not bother posting a reply.

  15. #39
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    All of the above comments are typical of a Kel-Tecie.

    I asked the first poster why would he choose the Kel-Tec over the Bersa and what was the determining factors. I have as of yet seen none given. Its the same old "if you don't want it send it to me" Yada, Yada, Yada.

    If that's the best you've got why even bother to post a reply.
    Considering I've actually been looking for one of these and would have considered purchasing it from you, that makes you something, but I'm not a name caller. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the forum. Also, if you're that disappointed in a firearm, then why do you still own it?

    Regarding why someone would choose the Kel-Tec over the Bersa:

    The Kel-Tec is smaller, and is much easier to pocket carry than the Bersa. That is the whole purpose of these small .380 handguns, to be carried in a pocket (for most people). Some people like the price of the Kel-tec, and some also like the warranty. There isn't much out there that compares to the size of the P3AT.
    Last edited by Todd; 03-03-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: No name calling, Beefy

  16. #40
    IndyRob's Avatar
    IndyRob is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    72
    I chose the Bersa because it's a little bigger, the Kel just didn't fit in my hand comfortably.

    I don't regret the choice, my BT 380 is a good little shooter

  17. #41
    Pistolero's Avatar
    Pistolero is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    297

    Bersa v. Kel-Tec

    Quote Originally Posted by hemmigremmie View Post
    I know the the p3at by keltec is a lot lighter, but whats the big difference other than that? Are the Bersa guns reliable? Thinkin on gettin one. HG
    Not to be a gun yuppie, because Alaskan's have a bad rap for being gun yuppies -it's just that Bersa tends toward the heavier, bulkier side. Bersas generally feel very comfortable but seem rather clunky when disassembled. I've always wondered at the quality of the product. I've owned the Kel-Tec and loved it. It didn't like Cor-Bon hollowpoints but if I fed it a hollowpoint with a more rounded end profile, it ate it up. The gun is more than controllable and is truly forgettable in a front pocket holster. I'd always be more likely to carry if I had a smaller option for those hard to conceal moments.

  18. #42
    khegglie's Avatar
    khegglie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nutmeg state
    Posts
    83
    I'd take a Bersa over any Walther like .380 because of the price, but all 3 sizes of Keltec from .32 - 9mmP are better every day pocket pistols due to weight/profile..

  19. #43
    woodsman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Ok. I'll agree that the Kel-Tec is smaller than the Bersa, even the 380 CC. In fact thats why I chose it in the first place. It fits where no other can, period.

    Now for those of you that have a Bersa 380 or 9UC, did you find that it was reliable right out of the box, or did you have to do any fluff & buff to make it run correctly.

    My wife, while she can shoot the P3at, does not like the trigger pull. I'm looking at selling the Kel-Tec and getting a Bersa for her instead to carry in her purse. She and I also like the fact that it comes with an external safety.

    I carry my Glock 23 all day with no worries, but I would not want her to carry a 26 loose in her purse, simply because there is no external safety.

    Comments?

  20. #44
    tekhead1219's Avatar
    tekhead1219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Now for those of you that have a Bersa 380 or 9UC, did you find that it was reliable right out of the box, or did you have to do any fluff & buff to make it run correctly.
    Nope, no changes, fluffing or buffing with the one I bought. Went straight from the shop display case, to my bag, to the house, gave it a bath (cleaned it), back to the range and started banging away. No hiccups at all.

  21. #45
    IndyRob's Avatar
    IndyRob is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Ok. I'll agree that the Kel-Tec is smaller than the Bersa, even the 380 CC. In fact thats why I chose it in the first place. It fits where no other can, period.

    Now for those of you that have a Bersa 380 or 9UC, did you find that it was reliable right out of the box, or did you have to do any fluff & buff to make it run correctly.

    My wife, while she can shoot the P3at, does not like the trigger pull. I'm looking at selling the Kel-Tec and getting a Bersa for her instead to carry in her purse. She and I also like the fact that it comes with an external safety.

    I carry my Glock 23 all day with no worries, but I would not want her to carry a 26 loose in her purse, simply because there is no external safety.

    Comments?
    A thorough cleaning produced this @ 25 yards...

  22. #46
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    I've had a few 380 pistols over the years and out of all of them I thought the Bersa worked best. I like the external hammer most. It was a reliable little gun but like most 380's they just are not much fun to shoot. Being most people want one as a pocket gun the small size makes about all of them a little hard on the hands. It just never seemed worth it to me and I have got rid of all of them. I'd rather have a compact 9mm if I wanted something smaller.

    If the 380 is your thing though the Bersa model(s) are as good or better than any I've shot or owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bersa 380 vs kel-tec
,
bersa or kel tec
,
bersa thunder 380 vs keltec pf9
,

bersa vs kel tec

,
bersa vs keltec
,
bersa vs keltec vs lcp
,
kel tec or bersa
,
kel tec pf9 vs bersa thunder
,

kel tec vs bersa

,
kel-tec p3at vs bersa
,
kel-tec vs bersa
,
keltec vs bersa
Click on a term to search for related topics.