Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 84FS Grips

  1. #1
    davidjhelbig is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1

    84FS Grips

    Hey, I have an 84FS and I was looking for narrower grips. Anyone know of any that will give my Cheetah a narrower profile?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    SailDesign's Avatar
    SailDesign is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjhelbig View Post
    Hey, I have an 84FS and I was looking for narrower grips. Anyone know of any that will give my Cheetah a narrower profile?

    Thanks!
    Sadly, the only real option is to find the 85 (single-stack version) and buy that instead. I have a bone spur on my thumb that the 84 pings badly, and have found nothing to help - to the point where I'm sure folks here are tired of hearing about it.

    The wooden grips are an oonch thinner, about 1/20th of an inch overall total (1/40" each side) which makes little difference really.

  3. #3
    Scorpion8's Avatar
    Scorpion8 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SouthEast Alaska
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
    Sadly, the only real option is to find the 85 (single-stack version) and ....
    Beat me to it. I have both. You could try to profile-down the grips a bit with some delicate sanding, but there isn't a lot of excess room to spare.

  4. #4
    SailDesign's Avatar
    SailDesign is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    Beat me to it. I have both. You could try to profile-down the grips a bit with some delicate sanding, but there isn't a lot of excess room to spare.
    Don't suppose you want to trade the 85 for another 84? Huh, huh?

  5. #5
    Scorpion8's Avatar
    Scorpion8 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SouthEast Alaska
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
    Don't suppose you want to trade the 85 for another 84? Huh, huh?
    Oddly I've been in the market for another 84 if your offer is serious.

  6. #6
    SailDesign's Avatar
    SailDesign is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    Oddly I've been in the market for another 84 if your offer is serious.
    Semi-serious, really. I would love to find something that doesn't kill my thumb, but don't want to trade out for something I haven't tried yet. Since I don't carry or use defensively in the house, I will probably just go to another .22 toy.

Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Tags for this Thread

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1