Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    JobOne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5

    Help With Value on NBF Beretta Model 84

    I have a Never Been Fired Beretta model 84 manufacture date 1980 with box, docs and 3 mags. Has smooth walnut grips. Any help determining the value of this baby would be appreciated. Thank you!!

  2. #2
    berettabone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,366
    84 What? F....FS....BB?

  3. #3
    JobOne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    84 What? F....FS....BB?
    No letters, simply a Model 84 imported by Berben Corp in NY.

  4. #4
    pic
    pic is online now Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,794
    Is that a 380

  5. #5
    berettabone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,366
    If you look at Wikepedia, you can see which one it is....................I would guess around $700 right now, seems to be an average price.

  6. #6
    pic
    pic is online now Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,794
    That was a very nice gun I remember that gun. Buy it

  7. #7
    JobOne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Wiki calls it a Base versions (no letter suffix). I own the pistol, just trying to figure out a ballpark value. Hard to compare to other used guns because it's never has a round chambered in it. Thanks

  8. #8
    pic
    pic is online now Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by JobOne View Post
    Wiki calls it a Base versions (no letter suffix). I own the pistol, just trying to figure out a ballpark value. Hard to compare to other used guns because it's never has a round chambered in it. Thanks
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bere...w=1024&bih=672

  9. #9
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,763
    You can also go to GunBroker and do a search of the same or similar handgun.

    It is a nice gun, so don't sell it on the cheap.

  10. #10
    JobOne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you look at Wikepedia, you can see which one it is....................I would guess around $700 right now, seems to be an average price.
    So, is there no added value for UNFIRED perfect pistol that is 33 years old? Thanks for the feedback so far.

  11. #11
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by JobOne View Post
    So, is there no added value for UNFIRED perfect pistol that is 33 years old? Thanks for the feedback so far.

    That depends on the firearm itself, how rare it is, and how desirable it may be. And, it depends on how badly a potential buyer might want it.

    No real guidelines to go by, other than how much cash might be placed in front of you at the time.

  12. #12
    Rev579 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JobOne View Post
    So, is there no added value for UNFIRED perfect pistol that is 33 years old? Thanks for the feedback so far.
    Basically, the market for these is a bit skewed right now. And while value is what a buyer will buy it for and/or a seller will sell it for, the blue book value is, at 100%,
    84 $295; 84B $295; 84BB $295; 84F $395; and 84 Cheetah $585.
    They are selling and being bought at a different amount too. Currently selling for $400-$600+, for Like New In Box. If it still has a sticker on it, who knows.
    But $700 IS the added value, if anyone will bite, for a never been fired 84, without a de-cocker and some of the added features that are present in the 84BB and currently manufactured 84FS.
    I'd stay away from an 84F(issues with the safety).

  13. #13
    losingle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    21
    The gun market is skewed right now, but don't think its affected the collectors market that much. New gun owners seem attracted to the modern plastic stuff. Serious collectors still holding things tight. Estate sales seems to be picking up. Guess I'd better sell.

  14. #14
    JobOne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev579 View Post
    Basically, the market for these is a bit skewed right now. And while value is what a buyer will buy it for and/or a seller will sell it for, the blue book value is, at 100%,
    84 $295; 84B $295; 84BB $295; 84F $395; and 84 Cheetah $585.
    They are selling and being bought at a different amount too. Currently selling for $400-$600+, for Like New In Box. If it still has a sticker on it, who knows.
    But $700 IS the added value, if anyone will bite, for a never been fired 84, without a de-cocker and some of the added features that are present in the 84BB and currently manufactured 84FS.
    I'd stay away from an 84F(issues with the safety).
    So, your estimate is $700? I assume this will only increase in value with age?

  15. #15
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by JobOne View Post
    So, your estimate is $700? I assume this will only increase in value with age?


    To a certain point or degree. The market will determine it's value and at some point, it will hold steady.

  16. #16
    Rev579 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JobOne View Post
    So, your estimate is $700? I assume this will only increase in value with age?
    I'm not an estimator, am fond of Beretta's and BDA's, but not for the safe. I'll also add, that there are people with more money than sense too. If you can get $700, take the money and run. $700 means a buyer will be out almost $800(if they are lucky) after FFL and shipping fees. I still think $500 is too much for a LNIB 84, but someone else might not, so don't go by my judgement. A buyer can get a really nice one he/she can shoot, handle, and be extremely proud of, for less than $450. 6 months ago they were selling for $350-$400, in excellent condition. If you like it, keep it.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

beretta 84 for sale

,
beretta 84 value
,
beretta 84b value
,
beretta 84bb value
,
beretta 84f for sale
,

beretta 84f value

,
beretta model 84
,

beretta model 84 for sale

,
beretta model 84 value
,
beretta model 84 values
,
beretta model 84b
,
what year was a beretta model 84 pistol manufactured
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1