Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. #21
    numbertwo's Avatar
    numbertwo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    71
    I keep mines in the save with 1 in the chamber and safety off in DA. I don't put it in SA. I can't carry anywhere beside my own home but that's how it stays.

  2. #22
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by numbertwo View Post
    I keep mines in the save with 1 in the chamber and safety off in DA. I don't put it in SA. I can't carry anywhere beside my own home but that's how it stays.
    You must live in CA, so you walk around the house like this? Or just this is how its positioned in your 'stable'?

  3. #23
    numbertwo's Avatar
    numbertwo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    You must live in CA, so you walk around the house like this? Or just this is how its positioned in your 'stable'?

    Hawaii, and yes I walk around like this. If the kids are around then none in the chamber safety on and I have it either right in front of me or up top where they can't get it. They know the deal with the guns so I don't worry much about it but I don't take it for granted either.

  4. #24
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Thats pretty insane. In a good way.

  5. #25
    DWARREN123's Avatar
    DWARREN123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Between TN & KY
    Posts
    112
    No children, I keep a pistol with one in the chamber by me at all times.

  6. #26
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
    No children, I keep a pistol with one in the chamber by me at all times.
    Fully cocked with safety off? Or non-cocked, safety on?

  7. #27
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: px4 storm - good idea keeping one in the chamber with the safety on?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    Fully cocked with safety off? Or non-cocked, safety on?
    Fully cocked, safety off is stupid and 99.8% of people do not carry that way. The .2 are probably not long forf this world.

    If the gun is to be carried loaded...as it should be; it will be in one of the following states:
    1: chamber loaded, no safety ie your Glock, M&P etc.
    2: chamber loaded, hammer down safety on or off this would be for your beretta etc. They can be decocked and safety placed into the firing position. There are plenty of DA/SA guns that have a decocker and no safety.
    3: hammer cocked, safety on. This is for your single action autos like the 1911, Hi Power and some other variants which are cocked and locked capable like some HKs and CZs.

  8. #28
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by VAMarine View Post
    Fully cocked, safety off is stupid and 99.8% of people do not carry that way. The .2 are probably not long forf this world.

    If the gun is to be carried loaded...as it should be; it will be in one of the following states:
    1: chamber loaded, no safety ie your Glock, M&P etc.
    2: chamber loaded, hammer down safety on or off this would be for your beretta etc. They can be decocked and safety placed into the firing position. There are plenty of DA/SA guns that have a decocker and no safety.
    3: hammer cocked, safety on. This is for your single action autos like the 1911, Hi Power and some other variants which are cocked and locked capable like some HKs and CZs.
    With a glock basically your saying you have it locked and loaded? Pull the trigger and your firing? Wouldnt that be considered risky?

  9. #29
    Steve M1911A1's Avatar
    Steve M1911A1 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northwest Washington State
    Posts
    5,557
    ...He keeps asking the very same question, over and over again.

    "...Are you sure?"
    "Really?"
    "Really sure?"
    "Really, really sure?"

    "...Isn't that risky?"
    "Are you sure it's not risky?"
    "Are you really sure it's not risky?"
    "Are you really, really sure it's not risky?"

    The real answer is: "Yes, we are sure that it isn't risky, if you keep your brains working. But you will never be sure that it isn't risky, so you shouldn't do it."

  10. #30
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M1911A1 View Post
    ...He keeps asking the very same question, over and over again.

    "...Are you sure?"
    "Really?"
    "Really sure?"
    "Really, really sure?"
    I'm not sure what that means.

  11. #31
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: px4 storm - good idea keeping one in the chamber with the safety on?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    With a glock basically your saying you have it locked and loaded? Pull the trigger and your firing? Wouldnt that be considered risky?
    No, hundreds if not thousands do it every day.

    No press the trigger and it no go boom.

  12. #32
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Called me old fashioned, but seems you'd want some kind've safety net. Either the safety on, or with a glock, possibly the magazine in, but not locked and loaded. Just seems like a decent enough safety procaution however. But I'm new to all of this so safety is my number one factor, and I'm sure its everyone elses as well. Just not as comfortable as alot of you guys, practice makes perfect, right?

  13. #33
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: px4 storm - good idea keeping one in the chamber with the safety on?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    Called me old fashioned, but seems you'd want some kind've safety net. Either the safety on, or with a glock, possibly the magazine in, but not locked and loaded. Just seems like a decent enough safety procaution however. But I'm new to all of this so safety is my number one factor, and I'm sure its everyone elses as well. Just not as comfortable as alot of you guys, practice makes perfect, right?
    Something like that. I prefer guns with a manual safety, but I've carried a Glock off and on and probably will again when my 17 gets built.

    Keeping your finger off the trigger and keeping the gun in a good holster that covers the trigger is paramount in gun safety.

    Regarding the empty chamber thing, if the stats are to be believed; the average gun fight is 3 seconds, 3 shots, at 3 yards. That extra second to get your gun ready to shoot is one third of the time you have to save your bacon. You don't want to spend ANY time with an unloaded gin when you NEED that gun.

  14. #34
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,765
    Okay.....so call me old fashioned, but I'd NEVER carry a semi-auto w/o one in the chamber.

    BTW....safeties are for sissies.

  15. #35
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by VAMarine View Post
    Something like that. I prefer guns with a manual safety, but I've carried a Glock off and on and probably will again when my 17 gets built.

    Keeping your finger off the trigger and keeping the gun in a good holster that covers the trigger is paramount in gun safety.

    Regarding the empty chamber thing, if the stats are to be believed; the average gun fight is 3 seconds, 3 shots, at 3 yards. That extra second to get your gun ready to shoot is one third of the time you have to save your bacon. You don't want to spend ANY time with an unloaded gin when you NEED that gun.
    That makes sense, but do you keep it that way at home? I mean I can understand this when you might be in some kind've danger. But I keep my handgun in my safe, magazine fully loaded.

    I'm a newbie and I go back and fiddle with the firearm a few times a day, so I feel safer having it unloaded. Also I live in CA, CCW is pretty much non existent. And I have the handgun for some protection, but also for the firing range. Basically I'm rarely in danger. Makes sense where I'm coming from? Maybe I'm just not confident enough yet.

  16. #36
    mongoman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Just my 2c but carry it in what ever way makes it safe, I know several people who carry different brands. A 1911 style kimber one in the chamber cocked safety on, glock one in chamber. Find what you feel comfortable with and do it the same way everyday. Dont carry empty chamber one day then one in the chamber the next, muscle memory is key in a stressful event.

    The reason I love Beretta handguns is I feel they are safe and reliable. If you put the safety on the firing pin is no longer in line with the hammer it's imposible for the gun to go off. Plus the trigger is then disengaged, drop it or accidentally bump the trigger nothing happens. Wouldn't carry another brand for that reason

  17. #37
    mongoman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    If you don't feel 100% confident with the firearm it should be left unloaded and locked up at all times. If its in the safe keep the loaded mag out of the gun so when you feel the need to go fiddle with it you dont have to worry. Always always every time you touch the gun practice doing a safety check, pull back the slide and really look in the chamber for a round. If you have a mag drop the mag first then inspect the chamber every time. Practice good safety and you will be safe

  18. #38
    guardrail's Avatar
    guardrail is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    71

    Re: px4 storm - good idea keeping one in the chamber with the safety on?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    With a glock basically your saying you have it locked and loaded? Pull the trigger and your firing? Wouldnt that be considered risky?
    The weapon will not fire without the trigger being pulled.

    If it isn't loaded, it's just a big metsl, gun shaped stick.

  19. #39
    guardrail's Avatar
    guardrail is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    71

    Re: px4 storm - good idea keeping one in the chamber with the safety on?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    Called me old fashioned, but seems you'd want some kind've safety net. Either the safety on, or with a glock, possibly the magazine in, but not locked and loaded. Just seems like a decent enough safety procaution however. But I'm new to all of this so safety is my number one factor, and I'm sure its everyone elses as well. Just not as comfortable as alot of you guys, practice makes perfect, right?
    The safety net is your brain. As long as you keep your finger off the trigger, it's safe. If you are that uncomfortable with a loaded weapon, maybe you shouldn't be handling them or carrying them until you are.

  20. #40
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by guardrail View Post
    The safety net is your brain. As long as you keep your finger off the trigger, it's safe. If you are that uncomfortable with a loaded weapon, maybe you shouldn't be handling them or carrying them until you are.

    I'm comfortable with it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

beretta px4 safe to carry loaded

,

can i dry fire my px4 storm

,

carrying px4 with one in chamber

,
cax px4 storm shoot plus p ammo
,

dry fire beretta px4

,

dry fire beretta storm

,

is it ok to dry fire a beretta px4

,

is it safe to carry a beretta storm with a round chambered

,
px4 dry fire safe
,

px4 storm safety

,

should i carry my berretta storm with round in chamber and safety off

,
sites on the berretta fire storm
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1