Px4 Storm or Stoeger Cougar 8000

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 23
    Like Tree1Likes

    Thread: Px4 Storm or Stoeger Cougar 8000

    1. #1
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6

      Px4 Storm or Stoeger Cougar 8000

      Hello. I am a newbie here on the Forum. I am about to make my first Handgun purchase and I need some advise. I fell in love with the Stoeger Cougar 8000 (previously Beretta Cougar) at my dealer. I read 30 reviews that say it is a great gun. And cheap at $449 or so. But now I found that the Beretta Px4 Storm in basically the newer more modern version. The price is about $80-$100 more for the Storm. That is not an issue for me. So is the older Cougar design a better first gun, or is the Storm a better choice? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.....Anthony
      Last edited by Acoloreo; 12-29-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling error
      boatdoc173 likes this.

    2. #2
      Senior Member cougartex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Jefferson County, TX
      Posts
      1,775
      I have both. I prefer the Stoeger Cougar.

    3. #3
      Senior Member berettatoter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,934
      Quote Originally Posted by Acoloreo View Post
      Hello. I am a newbie here on the Forum. I am about to make my first Handgun purchase and I need some advise. I fell in love with the Stoeger Cougar 8000 (previously Beretta Cougar) at my dealer. I read 30 reviews that say it is a great gun. And cheap at $449 or so. But now I found that the Beretta Px4 Storm in basically the newer more modern version. The price is about $80-$100 more for the Storm. That is not an issue for me. So is the older Cougar design a better first gun, or is the Storm a better choice? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.....Anthony
      Well, you should buy what you feel comfortable using and carrying. I don't own a Stoeger, but I have read a few articles on them that pretty much said that despite the weight it was a solid performer. Nothing wrong with the Beretta either. Buy what you will be happy with - either would do a good job for you. JMHO.

    4. #4
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6
      Thats just the thing. I like them both. I love the weight of both. I am just not sure if the Px4 is a better buy because it is a "Beretta" and not a "Stoeger"

    5. #5
      Junior Member draak's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Camano Island, Wa.
      Posts
      51
      I have no exsperiance with the PX4 but do own the Stoeger 8000, also the Beretta 92. I have been so satisfied with the Stoeger that It is my main carry pistol. From what I have read, you can't go wrong with either choice.

    6. #6
      Junior Member firemanjones's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      69
      I have a Beretta Cougar and love it. I am still looking for another carry gun and it looks like a Stoeger Cougar Compact!

    7. #7
      Senior Member cougartex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Jefferson County, TX
      Posts
      1,775
      Quote Originally Posted by Acoloreo View Post
      Thats just the thing. I like them both. I love the weight of both. I am just not sure if the Px4 is a better buy because it is a "Beretta" and not a "Stoeger"
      Stoeger Industries is a subsidiary of Beretta. The Stoeger Cougars are made in Turkey using the same machinery that Beretta used to make the original Cougars. It is every bit the quality of the Beretta. The Stoeger 8000 in 9mm is identical to the Beretta Cougar L Type P (Cougar L slide, lighter barrel and beveled slide, but with a full-length magazine). The Cougar is a great gun for the money.

    8. #8
      Junior Member firemanjones's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      69
      Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
      I have a Beretta Cougar and love it. I am still looking for another carry gun and it looks like a Stoeger Cougar Compact!
      (even though I just purchased a 92FS Compact)

    9. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Tioga County
      Posts
      12
      I have the PX 4 Storm in the full size and sub compact. I like them both and carry the smaller one most of the time. I really like the way the full size shoots. Its just a little harder to conceal.
      Roy

    10. #10
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6
      I am Happy to say that I decided on the Stoeger Cougar. I put the deposit on it today. Thanks everyone for the help.

    11. #11
      Senior Member berettatoter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,934
      Quote Originally Posted by cougartex View Post
      Stoeger Industries is a subsidiary of Beretta. The Stoeger Cougars are made in Turkey using the same machinery that Beretta used to make the original Cougars. It is every bit the quality of the Beretta. The Stoeger 8000 in 9mm is identical to the Beretta Cougar L Type P (Cougar L slide, lighter barrel and beveled slide, but with a full-length magazine). The Cougar is a great gun for the money.
      Correct!

    12. #12
      Senior Member berettatoter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,934
      Quote Originally Posted by Acoloreo View Post
      I am Happy to say that I decided on the Stoeger Cougar. I put the deposit on it today. Thanks everyone for the help.
      AWSOME!

    13. #13
      Senior Member recoilguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      1,311
      Enjoy the new weapon....be safe

      RCG

    14. #14
      Senior Member cougartex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Jefferson County, TX
      Posts
      1,775
      Congratulations, you will enjoy the Cougar.

    15. #15
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6
      Thanks everyone. And Happy New Year!

    16. #16
      Junior Member firemanjones's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      69
      Quote Originally Posted by Acoloreo View Post
      I am Happy to say that I decided on the Stoeger Cougar. I put the deposit on it today. Thanks everyone for the help.
      Are you getting the full size or the compact?

    17. #17
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6
      8000F. I believe thats full size. I held so many guns as I have been looking, and no gun felt this good in my hands.

    18. #18
      Senior Member cougartex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Jefferson County, TX
      Posts
      1,775
      The Stoeger Cougar 8000F is the full size.

    19. #19
      Junior Member Acoloreo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Beacon New York
      Posts
      6
      I am also glad to say it has a metal guide rod. I read that some are plastic. Even though they are still reliable.

    20. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      23

      Stoger Cougar

      Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
      I have a Beretta Cougar and love it. I am still looking for another carry gun and it looks like a Stoeger Cougar Compact!
      I have a 8000F and love it. Does anyone know where I can find a dealer that sells the Cougar sub-compact? Maybe these don't exist. But, I read last year that Stoeger would put out a sub-compact.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    beretta cougar vs px4 storm
    ,
    beretta px4 storm vs beretta cougar
    ,
    beretta px4 storm vs cougar 8000
    ,
    cougar vs 92fs
    ,
    cougar vs px4
    ,
    px 4 storms 9mm vs stoeger cougar 9mm
    ,
    px4 vs cougar
    ,
    reviews of stoeger cougar
    ,
    stoeger cougar 8000
    ,

    stoeger cougar review

    ,
    stoeger cougar vs beretta 92 compact
    ,
    stoeger cougar vs px4 storm
    Click on a term to search for related topics.

    Tags for this Thread