I braved 30 degree weather to see how my new Compact would function. I fired 200 rounds of assorted ammo from 115 to 147 grn weights. First off this Compact has the lightest felt recoil of any PX4 including the full size and subcompact models. The Beretta engineers tweaked the recoil system using a double spring and a polymer enclosure for the spring. Whatever they did really works and even hot +P loads are comfortable to shoot.
1. 100 rnds 115 grn Winchester White Box FMJ, perfect function and a great practise load.
2. 50 rnds 115,124 and 147 Federal American Eagle FMJ, perfect function and again great practise ammunition.
3. 20 rnds 147 grn Federal HST HP, perfect function and a good defense load, very accurate
4. 20 rnds 147 grn Winchester PDX1 HP, perfect function and a good defense load, extremely accurate
5. 10 rnds 124 grn Speer Gold Dot +P HP, perfect function and the hottest load tested, very accurate and good defense load.
My Compact is now at Robar for their NP3 electroless nickle finish, something I've done to 4 other pistols and highly recommend. This new PX4 I feel is the best one of the series and hopefully they'll come out with a "C" system Model.