Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Beretta 90 Two

  1. #1
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824

    Beretta 90 Two

    What does everyone think about this new Beretta that will be coming out soon?





  2. #2
    Brandon_Lutz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    I like the looks of it. I hope there will be a .40 caliber version as well. Does anyone know if it will take the standard 92 mag?

  3. #3
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    There really has been very little released about this gun, so no one knows. I would imagine that it would. Seems that they are making the slide look kinda like the PX4 - And, I heard that the Vertec was going to be discontinued - It seems that you now have the option of putting either a similiar grip angle to the Vertec, or the traditional grip angle. I think a lot of Beretta purists are gonna get angry if they discontinue the standard Beretta 92/96 completely and only sell this one. We'll see...

  4. #4
    shep854 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    4
    It will take some getting used to, to look at. But then, I thought the M9 was the ugliest gun under the sun when it first replaced the M1911A1...

    Is it going to be the latest military incarnation of the M9?

  5. #5
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    No, I'll see if I can dig up a pic of the MP - it looks more like the standard Beretta, but with a Vertec rail (but with the old style grip).

  6. #6
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Here - There is an auction of one with a pic of the new M9A1:

    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=42981404

  7. #7
    shep854 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    4
    Thanks; I remember discussion on the Beretta Forum about which would be the "real" M9A1, the pistol pictured or the 90Two. The Marines issued a contract for the pictured M9A1, but there were vibes that the 990Two would get the Army nod due to its modular grip.

  8. #8
    Brandon_Lutz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by shep854
    Thanks; I remember discussion on the Beretta Forum about which would be the "real" M9A1, the pistol pictured or the 90Two. The Marines issued a contract for the pictured M9A1, but there were vibes that the 990Two would get the Army nod due to its modular grip.
    990Two? Anyone have specs or information about that particular gun?

  9. #9
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by shep854
    Thanks; I remember discussion on the Beretta Forum about which would be the "real" M9A1, the pistol pictured or the 90Two. The Marines issued a contract for the pictured M9A1, but there were vibes that the 990Two would get the Army nod due to its modular grip.
    990Two? Anyone have specs or information about that particular gun?
    It is the 90 Two - and all that is known is what is pictures above in the 1st post of this thread... (go up)

  10. #10
    Brandon_Lutz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by shep854
    Thanks; I remember discussion on the Beretta Forum about which would be the "real" M9A1, the pistol pictured or the 90Two. The Marines issued a contract for the pictured M9A1, but there were vibes that the 990Two would get the Army nod due to its modular grip.
    990Two? Anyone have specs or information about that particular gun?
    It is the 90 Two - and all that is known is what is pictures above in the 1st post of this thread... (go up)
    Ahh, see when he said 990Two, I thought there was a different model from the 90 Two. Didnt stop to think it was a typo

  11. #11
    shep854 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    4
    990Two=typo...Ahh, humble pie. It doesn't taste like much, but it's sooo nutritious.

  12. #12
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Well, in 100 years, maybe there will be a 990Two

  13. #13
    Berettadeprived is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5
    Here is another pic of the 90Two form

    http://www.berettaweb.com/




    [img][/img]

  14. #14
    Brandon_Lutz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    That picture makes me like it even more. Would be nice to have stainless version in .40 Caliber. Alas Beretta, you have abandoned the INOX finish

  15. #15
    Brandon_Lutz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    67
    Just found more info at: http://www.90-two.com

    My favorite part:

    The Beretta 90two is available in both the traditional single/double action and in the double-action-only version. All feature new higher capacity magazines in the 9mm x 19 Parabellum (Luger) and .40 S&W calibers.

    Yes!!! I'll take two please:-D

  16. #16
    Berettadeprived is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5
    Got this from Beretta USA on email in reply to a question I asked of the discontinuation of the Inox guns.


    The 92FS and 96FS Inox pistols were discontinued for 2006. The 92FS pistol is being continued as both the 92 and M9 pistol in the black Bruniton finish. The .40 cal. 96FS Bruniton has been discontinued. There will be a new polymer frame and steel slide version of the .40 cal. pistol in the Bruniton finish coming very soon. We believe it will be called the "90-TWO" pistol. Decisions to continue and drop certain pistol models are made by Beretta Italy, Beretta USA's parent company.

    I hope this information is helpful. If you have follow up questions or need further assistance with this issue, please update this incident.

    Best regards,

    Beretta Customer Support

  17. #17
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Berettadeprived
    Got this from Beretta USA on email in reply to a question I asked of the discontinuation of the Inox guns.


    The 92FS and 96FS Inox pistols were discontinued for 2006. The 92FS pistol is being continued as both the 92 and M9 pistol in the black Bruniton finish. The .40 cal. 96FS Bruniton has been discontinued. There will be a new polymer frame and steel slide version of the .40 cal. pistol in the Bruniton finish coming very soon. We believe it will be called the "90-TWO" pistol. Decisions to continue and drop certain pistol models are made by Beretta Italy, Beretta USA's parent company.

    I hope this information is helpful. If you have follow up questions or need further assistance with this issue, please update this incident.

    Best regards,

    Beretta Customer Support
    That is really a stupid decision on their part - I can see selling both the new design and old - but I believe they will hurt their sales by doing this.

  18. #18
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Here are a few more pics of the new Beretta coming out - I gotta say, I really do not like the looks. I doubt I would ever buy one...



    [IMGhttp://bb.clickatus.com/vfzzj.jpg[/IMG]




  19. #19
    shep854 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    4
    Y'think maybe there's a Star Gate: SG-2 fan in Beretta's design department? 8)

  20. #20
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    I guess. I really don't dig the PX 4 slide - Now this Beretta is having the same look on the sides of the slide...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

9mm beretta wallpaper
,

beretta 90 two

,

beretta 90 two discontinued

,
beretta 90 two forum
,

beretta 90-two

,

beretta 90-two discontinued

,

beretta 90-two type g

,

beretta 9mm wallpaper

,
beretta m9 wallpaper
,
beretta ninety two
,
handgun wallpaper
,
m9 wallpaper
Click on a term to search for related topics.