Changing safety on my SA?
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Member plentyofpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Little Rock, Arkansas

    Changing safety on my SA?

    I'm hoping this is in the right place.

    I have a Springfield Loaded Micro Compact Operator, with the ambi-safety. I am considering a CT grip, so the right side safety lever either needs to be modified (cut down) or I need to replace the ambi with a single lever safety.

    Is this a project I can undertake myself or do I need a gunsmith to do it?

    Any help is greatly appreciated. Step by step instructions would be awesome.

    Thanks so much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member gmaske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Usually you need to mod the grip on an ambi safety pistol when you replace the grips. Replacing the safety to a standard is fairly easy but there is some fitting to be done. You'll have to file the actual pin to fit correctly. File to little and the safety will not enguage and if you file to much the safety will not stop the pistol from firing. Since your pistol is a SA Micro, standard 1911 parts most likely won't fit. I'd contact their customer service and find out.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

change saftey lever on 1911


how do you replace a safety lever on a buck mark pistol?


replacing safety lever 1911 pistol

Click on a term to search for related topics.